Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March Emerging Foggy Spring Link Party

The Monthly Challenge for March was Red by Linda of PruittCreations. Her words about this challenge were as follows: "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb."  Not sure of it's original meaning, but I always thought it  referred to the March weather. The roar of Winter is winding down and the creep of Spring is approaching.  Applying it to our crafting,  most of us pursue our art with a vengeance because we are passionate about what we do.  I am proposing that we try something this month that is a little softer. I call it - Emerging Foggy Spring.  
Let's explore color in terms of tint. In color theory, a tint is the mixture of a color with white, which increases lightness. We often create with bright color and ignore tints of color. Create a project  with muted tints leaving lots of white space, if you can. i.e. flowery/botanical/plant project, but it   doesn't have to be flowery--that's just to get you thinking. This project is to challenge your thought processes about color, using tints. Don't be intimidated by the absence of bright color. Get creative!

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

This was a fun challenge. I loved making my new pieces!

Abby / Linda said...

I just linked up and tweeted about this linky! Hope we get some new peeps!

storybeader said...

gosh, it's April and I forgot to link up! Here I am! {:-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

a fun Challenge!