Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Worktable Wednesday -- A Bird in the Hand

This week's Worktable Wednesday is brought to you by Jenny of A Bird in the Hand.


Lately, I have been incorporating vintage handkerchiefs in my pieces.  Although I typically use fabric, this is the first time I have used handkerchiefs.  I find them at thrift stores and then incorporate them into a range of pieces.  Here, I have both a bird and a ring made from one handkerchief.  It was a fun challenge to use the handkerchief in just the right way to get the right pattern that I wanted on the bird (the white belly seemed necessary).  The ring was made using a few leftover scraps.


A Bird in the Hand(Jenny)
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/ABirdInTheHandArt
Blog: abirdinthehandart.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/abirdinthehandart
Twitter: twitter.com/#!/BirdInHandArt

7 comments:

Duni said...

I have a couple vintage hankies that I want to use in a sewing project. Love how Jenny incorporated hers into ornaments and jewelry. Now that's unique!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you used in these pieces Jenny!

Rose Clearfield said...

Beautiful work, Jenny! I agree with Nancy that I love the colors.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful! I really like the way you used the design on the bird and the ring. Nicely done!

Memories for Life said...

Your creativity always amazes me Jenny! I love all the new ideas you come up with!

Splendid Little Stars said...

how creative! Your bird and ring turned out so pretty, Jenny!

Judy Nolan said...

What a clever idea! I especially love how the bird turned out.