Monday, October 24, 2011

Artisan Spotlight -- Memories for Life

7 Questions is our spotlight on our favorite artisans. Please welcome...

1. What do you sell in your shop?
Custom, one-of-a-kind scrapbooks and laser engraved products.



2. What is your favorite thing about etsy?
The wonderful people I have met! I have some of the best teammates an Etsian could ask for! And the wonderful customers I get to work with :)
3. What is your least favorite thing about etsy?
Photography and listing items! My photography is definitely a work in progress! And listing items can take a good amount of time...I'd rather be creating :)

4. What does your studio/workspace look like?
Like a tornado came through town! I've had three shows so far this fall and organizing my craft room isn't on the list until after Christmas! But I'm very lucky to have a room all my own for creating...complete with a door to shut when company comes!
(Here are a couple pictures from when it was clean.)


5. What do you do to relax?
A hot bath and a cold glass of wine :)

6. What accomplishments are you the most proud of?
I am proud of the fact that I got my 4 year degree while working full-time and starting my business. I was one tired girl for a few years there!

7. What are some of your goals for the next year?
I have so many ideas that I want to try with my laser engraver! Adding lots of new items to my shop this year will be a big goal. I definitely want to hit the 100 listings mark!

I will also be working on getting our personal financials in order to get on the track of running Memories for Life full time! 

Memories for Life Scrapbooks (and Laser Engraving): One-of-a-kind custom scrapbooks and laser engraved creations.
Shop: memoriesforlifesb.etsy.com
Blog: memoriesforlifescrapbooks.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

ooo..I'm loving your paper storage, Edi! So happy to hear you're working towards full time Memories For Life!

Blogging Business Artisans said...

I could learn a lot from you about organization!

Thank you for being part of the team and helping in all the ways you do.

Honey from the Bee said...

Your studio looks awesome! So organized... I love that wood photo album with the engraving. Perfect to leave out on the coffee table.

storybeader said...

edi - you won't be able to keep 100 items in your shop because you'll be selling as fast as creating! Great shop and congrats. on your degree. I'm an education junkie myself... {:-D

Memories for Life said...

Thank you for the wonderful feature :)
And thanks to everyone for the awesome comments!

Jenny said...

you're so awesome Edi. It's been fun getting to know you on the team.

BeadedTail said...

I am so envious of your craft room! You are so talented Edi and I know it's only a matter of time before you are able to be crafty full time!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post Edi! Wow...when your craft room is organized, it's really organized!

Sheryl Hastings said...

What a great feature to start the week with. I love Edi's work, she's extremely talented. I'm jealous of her studio. If I had one all my own, it would be colorful too. I love her scrapbooks the most. I've never seen anything like them and they are so cute.

I know that she will reach all her goals!

Rose Clearfield said...

Awesome write up, Edi! Your shop is great. I'm constantly in awe of everything that you do. I wish you the best with accomplishing both of your goals this year!

Judy Nolan said...

How nice to see your smiling face at the top of the post! Your work space looks marvelous. I wish I had the floor space for a large table, but I guess we all work with what we have. I like the way you store your paper, too.